The focus of more entrepreneurs and experts for a highly successful online business is the increase and establishment of subscriber engagement. This has become the email marketing priority of most marketers since 2014 because they have proven that email marketing has truly turned the entrepreneur world upside down in terms of increasing the sales and revenue of a lot of existing dominant businesses globally.
This is quite a complicated challenge that email subscriber marketers should be faced head-on; convincing customers who are not actually the end users, to get people to sign up and subscribe and for compelling end users to persuade customers to renew subscription through sharing publications.
Improve Subscriber Engagement for an Efficient Email Marketing Campaigns
Redesigning and redefining the email marketing strategy is essential when during a few trials and tests it fails to convert regular marketing email recipients into engaged subscribers and ultimately into dedicated buying customers. Here are some specific strategies and techniques that email marketers used to escalate the number of valuable email campaign subscribers:
- Improvement in audience targeting and segmentation. Improvements with the targeting may be done using data on specific aspects such as the past opens and clicks on previous emails; while segmentation provides valuable data such as the previous email engagement, geographical location, the source or point of email acquirement. The data that such as these which are already on hand will already be a great contribution to the success of the email marketing campaign without having to forget about the other essential elements such as relevant content.
- Utilizing available data. Since some data are already available, the next major move would be finding ways to learn about the subscribers better and what are the interests and preferences. This part of the email marketing strategy is one the trickiest and extremely challenging, so the best approach would be to start small; make use of all available data.
- Launch a triggered messaging program. The idea of having the automated email sending to specific customers based on the subscriber behavior and preferences is probably one of the best ways to increase the chance of a customer to engage. This includes welcome messages, the abandoned cart, anniversary and birthday emails and those emails that request for feedback about the product, and these emails are found really effective in generating a relatively higher engagement rate.
- Formulation and development of a re-engagement email marketing campaign. People who have become subscribers at one point would likely become engaged once more through an effective reengagement campaign. Sending these previously engaged subscribers would again reengage when emails or newsletter are sent regarding special offers, fresh and relevant content, and the request to update email preferences and the frequency they want in receiving emails.
- Designing the email marketing campaign to be mobile-friendly. People nowadays are into the craze of using mobile devices and most individuals access their emails, transact business and shop with the use of mobile devices so making the email marketing campaign compatible with various mobile devices would definitely have more people open and click through the page; hence increasing subscriber engagement.